The Venus II is a versatile 4-season tent that has been in the Exped tent line for many years. It has proven itself in a wide range of conditions around the globe. It is quick to set up, light weight, tough, and a solid performer in wind, rain, and snow.
When setting up the Venus II or Venus III in windy circumstances, we've found that the following procedure is the most efficient:
1. Remove tent from stuff sack and stake it out at each of the two closed ends of the pole sleeves. This is now the upwind end.
2. Walk to the other end of the pole sleeves (downwind) and thread both poles through the pole sleeves.
3. Insert poles into their respective anchor sleeves and tighten.
4. Insert short cross pole and tighten.
5. Stake downwind end of tent poles
6. Stake both vestibules
7. Extend and stake guylines, making sure to anchor guylines at two points on each pole.
8. If in snow, build short walls set out from the tent about a meter (tall ones or walls too close will generate excessive spindrift accumulation).
This will also work for the Orion II and Orion III because these tents use the same basic architecture as the Venus series.