Designed specifically for alpine mountaineering, where strength and low weight are necessities, the Polaris has proven itself in the most savage conditions imaginable.
The video above shows the Polaris in Mount Rainier National Park during a very strong winter storm. We later confirmed the wind speed from the nearby telemetry station at Paradise - over 60 mph/96 km/h. The Polaris was rock solid through it all.
Several things combine to make the Polaris an outstanding choice for mountaineering environments:
- Single wall construction - highly vapor permeable and waterproof fabric, fully seam taped
- Rapid set-up
- Multiple ventilation ports - front, rear, and on each sidewall
- Integrated front vestibule, pole supported. Smaller gear storage/snow collection door and vestibule in rear
- Exped's unique 4-pole "ridge tunnel" design , low profile architecture for maximum strength in wind and snow loading situations
- 360 degree anchor points for added stability
- Average minimum weight: 5.4 lb/2.45 kg
Check out the details of the Polaris here.